We love these healthy apple cinnamon muffins for a healthy jump start in the morning, hence the nickname Power Muffins. And they’re easy to make, too!
If you can’t eat them all right away, store them in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze them. You can always pull them out one by one as you need them. Sit them out on the counter — they don’t take very long to thaw to room temp.
They make a great “grab and go” breakfast for busy weekday mornings!
Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
What you’ll need:
1 1/2 cups flour (we use whole wheat, but you can also use AP)
3/4 c ground flax seed
3/4 c oat bran
3/4 c honey
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 c milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tbsp oil
2 cups shredded carrots (use your food processor or do a fine chop by hand)
2 apples, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
How to do it:
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Oil your muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, flax, bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the milk, honey, eggs, and oil to the dry mixture, then stir until just blended. Be careful to not overstir.
3. Now, gently stir in the carrots, apples, raisins, and optional nuts.
4. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. I like to use a soup ladle to do this; it’s neater this way.
5. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Mmmm!