We love these muffins for a healthy jump start in the morning, hence the name Power Muffins :o) And they’re easy to make, too!
What you’ll need:
1 1/2 cups flour (we use whole wheat, but you can also use AP)
3/4 c ground flax seed
3/4 c oat bran
3/4 c honey
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 c milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tbsp oil
2 cups shredded carrots (use your food processor or do a fine chop by hand)
2 apples, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
How to do it:
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Oil your muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, flax, bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the milk, honey, eggs, and oil; stir until just blended.
3. Stir in the carrots, apples, raisins, and nuts.
4. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. I like to use a soup ladle to do this :o)
5. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Mmmm!
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to Like a Bubbling Brook email updates – it’s free and delivers new posts about faith, homemaking, and real foods right to your inbox.