“How do you know when you’re a Dave Ramsey fanatic?” This question was recently posed in a Facebook group, and some of the responses were hilarious. How many of these have happened in your family?
Here are 20 “weird” things we’ve done, said, or heard our kids say!
(*Names have been withheld for privacy purposes.)
You Know You’re a Dave Ramsey Fanatic When You…
1. Your kids see a clunker passing by and say, “Look mom, it’s a Dave Ramsey car!”
2. Give the Total Money Makeover as a wedding present.
3. Your toddler does debt-free screams along with the show.
4. Someone asks, “How are you” and you respond, “Better than I deserve.”
5. Always wonder “What would Dave do?”
6. Jump out of bed on payday ready to do the budget!
7. Would rather listen to the Dave Ramsey Show than music all day.
8. Have a major car repair and you’re more upset about the progress you lost than having to fix the car.
9. Talking in a group of people and someone mentions how smart credit cards are, and then everyone looks at you for your reaction.
10. Hear a debt-free scream and get goosebumps and teary-eyed at the same time.
11. Frequently insert, “Well, Dave Ramsey says…” into conversations that weren’t even about money in the first place.
12. Pay cash for a Hawaiian vacation because you’ve done the baby steps and now you’re finally on #7.
13. Your kids can recite the Dave Show intro “Where debt is dumb…” and even know the phone number.
14. Pass a casino and your kids shout out, “Stupid tax!”
15. Listened to so many Dave shows that your baby cockatiel now laughs like Dave.
16. Your three-year-old is playing with his toys and you hear him say, “Debt is dumb.”
17. On a road trip, “Let’s listen to Dave” no longer means the Dave Matthews album.
18. Have a list of house rules for the children to follow and “Always Pay Cash” is on it.
19. The pastor at your church mentions “Dave Ramsey” and “rice and beans” and you’re the only one hooting.
20. Your college-age son’s litmus test for a new girlfriend is, “So, what baby step are you on?”
What about you? Have you followed Dave’s advice for very long? What would you add to the list?!
Go in grace today,
Want to share?