I was a teenager when I began to pray for my future husband.
It was self-serving, really.
“Lord, I’d like him to be kind. And funny. It would be great if he was tall and handsome. Maybe dark features, too, Lord? If he is some other ethnicity, that would be cool. Tall, dark, and handsome…yeah, that’s what I’d like. And if he’s from an exotic place far, far away, even better.”
Isn’t the Lord patient with us? 🙂
Thankfully, He did bless me with a godly husband who also happens to be kind, funny, tall, dark, and handsome. And, yes, my prayers have matured through the years! Now it’s not all about MY wants, but my husband’s desires, too, and how we can glorify God through our marriage.
If you’ve been married long at all then you know it’s not always easy. Two different people, with two different histories and experiences coming together to become “one flesh” will endure some painfully trying times.
Every Christian couple, whether married for one week or fifty years, can benefit from this “mini” marriage Bible study. It’s also a PDF, so you can easily download it to your computer and print it out.
Marriage Bible Study
It’s a free two-page printable for you to use as a mini marriage Bible study and discussion prompt with your spouse. You’ll talk about committing to work through problems, showing love when you don’t feel like it, allowing God to meet your needs, and more.
To receive this free printable marriage Bible study, please enter your email address below so I know where to send it. I won’t give your email address to anyone else — I promise!
Check your inbox and click the confirmation link, and then you’ll have immediate access to the download. Print it, save it to your computer, or file it for later. You can do whatever you like with it!
If you’re looking for something more in-depth, here are some options:
- A Couples Guide to a Growing Marriage: Bible Study by Gary Chapman
- You & Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity by Francis and Lisa Chan
- FamilyLife Bible Study for Couples by Dennis and Barbara Rainey
Oh, and here’s a round of applause for you!!! You’re being intentional about building a stronger marriage and that’s pretty amazing!
Yay for building God-honoring, Christ-centered marriages!
Grace to you today,
More resources on the blog:
- These marriage scriptures are outlined on beautifully designed cards that you can print and keep with you in your purse or around your house, to help you stay mindful and intentional about strengthening your marriage.
- If you’re craving more from your time with God, you’ll love my 31-Day Time With God Toolkit.
- A great Christian book about intimacy in marriage is Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman.