We rescued a dog; a black and white basset hound named Callie.
She is an absolute adorable slobbery mess, and we love her to pieces. She loves these yummy homemade biscuits! They’re an inexpensive, simple alternative to store bought treats. Much healthier, too!
I found dog bone cookie cutters at JoAnn Fabrics, but you can find some great ones here on Amazon.
Wouldn’t these make a great gift, prettily packaged, for the dog lover in your family? I think so!
Peanut Butter Banana Treats
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup peanut or almond butter (I used natural almond butter)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (approximately one ripe banana)
- 1 cup freshly ground whole wheat flour (store bought is fine if you don’t have a grain mill)
- 1/2 cup freshly ground oat flour
- 1 egg, beaten, for glaze
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir together the egg, peanut/almond butter, and banana in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Stir in the flours and mix well. Place dough onto a floured cutting board and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shape with a cookie cutter, place on prepared baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake treats in preheated oven until dried and golden brown, about 30 minutes, depending on their size.