My friends Luke and Tricia have created an excellent homeschool science curriculum, from a Christian worldview, called Experience Astronomy. It’s based on the premise of “The heavens declare the glory of God,” found in Psalm 19:1.
*You might also like:
- How Christian Parents Can Teach Their Children About Sex
- How To Learn To Code Online For Free
- TED Talks For Kids Who Hate Math
Luke and Tricia dig deep into astronomy with LOTS of engaging content. For example, their class geared for elementary age students contains 30 video lessons that are actually FUN for the kids. A nice bonus — it gives you a break from being the one who’s doing all the teaching!
Besides the many video lessons, they also include dozens of hands-on activities that will help science come alive for your child, and recommended reading lists for going further into the material. Oh, and there is scripture memory work to reinforced what they’ve learned, too!
Topics In This Christian Homeschool Science Curriculum Include:
- Biblical reasons given why God created the sun, moon, and stars
- How to find and identify dozens of major constellations
- How to use the sky for navigation
- Understanding how solar eclipses and lunar eclipses work
- The rotation of the earth, causing the apparent motion of the heavenly bodies
- The revolution of the earth around the sun, causing seasonal skies
- How astronomy shaped our modern calendar
- The Biblical calendar and it relationship to astronomy
This homeschool science curriculum is even customizable to suit your family’s needs. You can adjust the lessons to be longer or shorter each day, depending on your schedule and what you have going on. It integrates into other subjects, too, including literature and history.
It typically runs from September through May and registration is open right now for the upcoming school year, if you’d like to use it in your typical school-year schedule. They also offer an ongoing course.
As a homeschool family, we’re always looking for amazing classes to add to our school days, and when they’re presented with a Christian worldview I can’t help but recommend them to others! These classes are a rare gem nowadays, and one of the many benefits of homeschooling. I love that we can teach our kids these subjects and center them around God and His Word.
We’re building strong families for the glory of God. I want them to be prepared to defend the gospel as they grow into adulthood. I don’t want the world teaching my children their philosophies. How about you?
I think this homeschool science curriculum will bless your family! Let me know what you think!
If you’d like to get an email from me when I find new Christian homeschool tools, simply add your email address below. I won’t spam you, I promise!
Go in grace today,
P.S. You can learn more about the Experience Astronomy class that my friends created, and even watch a short video about it, by clicking here. You’ll love it! Better yet, your children will, too!
*If you’re new to my blog, I’m all about finding ways to help you grow in your relationship with God and live an abundant life. Here are some of my favorite studies and resources that may help you out:
- My marriage bible study is a quick two-page download that will help you deepen communication with your spouse and with God.
- These marriage scriptures are outlined on beautifully designed cards that you can print and keep with you in your purse or around your house, to help you stay mindful and intentional about strengthening your marriage.
- If you’re craving more from your time with God, you’ll love my 31-Day Time With God Toolkit. It’s a simple way to get closer to Him each day!