For today’s blog post, we surveyed a group of women with long hair (in a pentecostal hair group) about how to care for long hair. Here are their favorite tips for looking after those glorious long locks of yours…because we know how much care and TLC our hair needs! With these tips, your hair is more likely to be beautiful, strong, and healthy.
If you don’t have long hair, or your hair won’t grow past a certain point, many of these tips will still apply to you. Don’t despair! These products and tips may actually help your hair grow better and healthier than before.
Let’s get started!
How To Care For Long Hair
1. Consider how you curl your hair. Use sponge rollers instead of heated rollers or curling irons; they cause less damage to your hair. You can use the traditional sponge rollers, or try these Magic Pillow Flexible Foam Rollers.
2. Use the right conditioner. If your hair is dry and/or damaged, this Giovanni Ultra Moist Conditioner gets rave reviews. It’s good for repairing split ends, too.
4. Don’t overwash your hair! Doing so could dry out your hair and irritate your scalp. It overstimulates the oil production and makes you feel like you need to wash your hair more often, only increasing the damage.
5. Put your hair in a loose braid when you go to bed at night to eliminate tangles in the morning.
6. If you have naturally curly or permed hair, the TIGI Catwalk Curls Amplifier is a bit hit. Be sure to apply it when your hair is wet, not just damp. It will boost your curls for days with no frizz!
7. Like to wear your hair up? The ladies are raving about these new spiral hair pins. They’re easy to use, work on fine hair, and you’ll need less pins than you would normally use. Just don’t pull your hair back too tightly – you could end up with a receding hairline over time.
8. Looking for a new hair accessory? Try a Boho Half Bandeau. There are many styles to choose from on Amazon, and apparently they are perfect for a quick, casual style without putting stress on your hair. Comfy and chic, too!
9. To avoid combing out long, tangled hair, use a Wet Brush Pro. They glide right through your hair. Start at the bottom of your hair and slowly work your way up to minimize any stress to your hair.
10. Don’t scrunch shampoo all through your hair when you’re washing it; you really only need to wash your scalp, and then let the suds flow through your hair.
So there you have it, long haired friends: Our top 10 tips for how to care for long hair. Long, beautiful hair definitely takes dedication, patience, and care – but the results are worth it! Your long hair should be a glory to you (1 Corinthians 11:15). Take good care of it – you’ll have it for the rest of your life!
What would you tell someone about how to care for long hair? Let us know in the comments!
Go in grace today,
P.S. Craving more from your quiet time with God? Try our Time With God Bible Study Toolkit!