Are you working on the goal of being debt-free? I know how inspiring it was to have Dave Ramsey quotes plastered around our house, especially during baby steps 1 and 2. Today I’m sharing a few of our favorite Dave Ramsey quotes, but first, a little back story…
It all began nearly twenty years ago for us, when we were mentored by a sweet older couple who were affiliated with a program called Christian Financial Concepts. We learned to love Larry Burkett and his challenging but life-changing budgeting books.
From there, we developed a steady appetite for resources by Crown Financial Ministries and their CEO, Howard Dayton. Dayton’s book Your Money Map is one we’ve recommended to young couples time and time again.
Then we discovered Dave Ramsey, Total Money Makeover, and Financial Peace University. And Dave’s app — oh boy, have we love Dave’s app even to this day — with the Dave Ramsey Show. It’s like free TV online, every day, about all things money.
I wonder — What’s helped you and kept you motivated on your debt free journey?
Now, without further ado, here are a few of our favorite Dave Ramsey quotes. Feel free to write them out, hang them on the fridge, keep them in your purse, plaster them all over the bathroom mirror, etc.
17 Dave Ramsey Quotes That Will Help You Stay Motivated
1. Wealth comes from hard work but not because of hard work. Wealth comes because of God. Everything is His.
2. We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like.
3. Don’t try to keep up with the Joneses. They’re broke.
4. If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.
5. Broke people giving financial advice is like a shop teacher with missing fingers.
6. Don’t give up what you want most for what you want now.
7. A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.
8. If you can’t pay cash, you can’t afford it.
9. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a place you’re just passing through.
10. Debt is normal. Be weird.
11. Pray like it all depends on God, but work like it all depends on you.
12. Your decisions from today forward will affect not only your life, but also your entire legacy.
13. Earning a lot of money is not the key to prosperity. How you handle it is.
14. If the US Government was a family—they would be making $58,000 a year, spending $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt.
15. Investing is important, but get debt-free first. That’s what frees up your income so you can win.
16. I’m a Christian. Years ago, I went broke, so I decided to run every part of my life according to the Bible. It sounds hokey, but it works.
17. The decision to go into debt alters the course and condition of your life. You no longer own it. You are owned.
While we were paying off our debt, we found most of our encouragement in memorizing bible verses about money and thinking through what the bible has to day about money, contentment, and wealth.
I’ve created these 24 printable scripture cards about money to help you stay inspired, too. They’re perfect for carrying along in your purse or bible and meditating on as you go about your day!
What are your favorite Dave Ramsey quotes? Have any bible verses stood out to you on your debt free journey? Please share in the comments!
Go in grace today,