Sometimes there are days that are so busy I can barely put together a decent family meal. You know the days — the ones where you are tempted to head out to the nearest fast food restaurant and pick up something (anything!) just to keep things simple. Maybe it’s a lack of proper planning or unexpected activities, but somehow nothing on your menu plan will work that day. What do you do?
I’ve had seasons where my freezer is stocked with meals for times like these, and I’ve also had seasons where I struggle to put together any kind of meal, let alone additional meals to store in my freezer for later.
Here are three items I keep on hand for quick and easy dinner options on super busy days:
- Frozen chicken and vegetable potstickers (cooks on stovetop for 10 minutes)
- Frozen tilapia (cooks in oven for 10-13 minutes)
- Seeds of Change Uyuni Quinoa and Brown Rice, to pair with each of the above. The link takes you to the product on Amazon, which is very over-priced; I purchase the four-pack box at Costco for only $7.99. (microwaves in 90 seconds)
Keeping these in my freezer and pantry gives me peace of mind; I like knowing I can pull something together in a pinch that’s still fairly healthy, requires little effort, and is more cost-effective that grabbing a quick dinner out.
Meal plan for this week:
- Curried chicken, carrots, and potatoes, served with garlic naan
- Grilled whole amish chicken, grilled corn, baked potatoes
- Tostadas loaded with avocado, other veggies, and cheese
- Southwestern black bean tacos
- Patio steaks, mashed potatoes, grilled carrots
What’s on your meal plan this week? Do you keep any quick dinners on hand for hectic days?
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to Like a Bubbling Brook email updates – it’s free and delivers new posts about faith, homemaking, and real foods right to your inbox.
Please Visit Our Current Sponsors & Affiliates:
Directive 21– Berkey water systems, seed banks, emergency kits, and more
Shaklee (NEW!) – Natural and effective cleaning and health products
Lilla Rose – Beautiful and functional hair jewelry
The Modest Mom – Stylish, modest skirts for everyone
Rod & Staff Books– Bible-based homeschool curriculum
Amazon Mom – Save money on diapers, wipes, and more!
Would you like to be a sponsor?