Wake Up Your Eggs With Horseradish & Dill

We like our eggs to have a bit of a kick; whether they be zesty or salty, they can't be JUST eggs.  They have to be dressed-up a bit.

One of our favorite ways to do eggs is to scramble them with lightly sauteed veggies (here I used zucchini, vidalia onion, and red bell pepper, sauteed in about two tablespoons of butter).  Whisk together four eggs, add a dash of cream and a dash of horseradish, and whisk again.  Pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the skillet, add a small handful of chopped fresh dill, and salt & pepper to taste.  Continue "scrambling" the eggs as you normally would, being careful not to overcook them.

How do you like your eggs?

xoxo,
post signature

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like this site? Get each new post tucked into your email.
{This recipe is linked in my Recipe Index, and at the Nourishing Gourmet, Real Food Wednesday, and Ultimate Recipe Swap.}

Comments

1. Anna @ Feminine Adventures says:

Yumminess! We don't have bacon or sausage often, but when we do I save every drop of fat to fry eggs in. I also love adding veggies and red pepper (for LOTS of kick!)

2. Theresa says:

Hi Jaime. I am visiting from NFF. I am a mom with a graduate degree at home teaching my children as well. I am also into natural foods and love the LORD. Sounds like we have a lot in common. Look forward to reading more.
    ~Theresa

3. Jaime @ Like a Bubbling Brook says:

@Theresa ~ I just left a comment on your blog :o) It's so nice to "meet" a likeminded friend! xoxo

4. Brandi says:

Hi there! /i am visiting from NFF. We are not huge egg eaters here. We like to grab an omelet on occasion at IHOP but that's about the extent of eggs for me. I put tons of hot sauce on it and usually get one with ham, cheese, onion, tomatoes, and sour cream. YUM!

5. Ann Kroeker says:

Great idea–it's simpler and quicker than an omelet, but has some of those goodies blended right in. The zing of horseradish is a surprising addition!

6. GiGi says:

Lately I have been LOVING over easy eggs (with extra egg whites) sprinkled/cooked with paprika & cilantro & pepper! So delicious! :)

7. Wendi says:

Mmmmmm! This sounds so delicious, I think that I am going to have to try this. And those pancakes as well. These will both be added to my menu planning. Thank you.

8. I think this just might be my new favorite way to eat eggs! LOVE horseradish!

9. We love horseradish and it never even crossed my mind to add it to eggs. This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it! I have a ton of fresh zucchini and can’t wait to use it in this recipe. Thanks for posting. Blessings, Kelly

10. Judy says:

I just made this abou 10 min.ago, I did not have any peppers so I just used vidalia onion and 1T Hormel bacon bits and dried dill weed. The horseradish was just enough zip to give it 5 stars. This is yumster!!!

Trackbacks

1. [...] and Cultured Sour Cream Lunch: Leftover Lots of Broccoli Soup(GF) and Garden Salad Breakfast: Veggie Egg Scramble w/Horseradish & Dill(GF), Almond Flour Biscuits(GF) & Homemade Jam(GF) Sunday, February 19 Dinner: Sautéed Sea [...]

2. [...] Hot Apple Crisp Lunch: Spelt English Muffin Pizzas and Raw Veggies w/Ranch Dip(GF) Breakfast: Veggie Egg Scramble w/Horseradish & Dill(GF), and Almond Flour Biscuits(GF) w/Homemade [...]

3. [...] Cultured Sour Cream • Lunch: Leftover Potato Corn Chowder(GF) and Garden Salad • Breakfast: Veggie Egg Scramble w/Horseradish & Dill(GF), Almond Flour Biscuits(GF) & Homemade [...]