100% Whole Wheat Maple Pecan Muffins

I thought I'd share a favorite recipe today; this one is for 100% Whole Wheat Maple Pecan Muffins.  Using freshly ground wheat makes them even yummier and better for you!  These are a very light muffins, not too sweet, with the perfect hint of maple.
Here's what you'll need:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/3 c real maple syrup
2 tbsp softened butter
1 egg
2/3 c water
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375F.  Oil a 12-cup muffin pan.

Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together.  Stir in pecans.

Beat syrup and butter, then add the egg.  Add water, vanilla, and the dry ingredients, stirring just enough to mix.

Spoon into muffin pan, and bake 12 to 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Note:  I usually add a handful of chocolate chips to the muffins.  Just a variation! :o)

Comments

1. Food Renegade says:

Thanks for joining in the Fight Back Friday fun!

Cheers,
    ~KristenM
    (AKA Food Renegade)

2. Amy says:

Hi there, I found you through Danae's blog…love this recipe! Thanks for sharing it and I'm looking forward to trying it. And so good to find your blog, its awesome!

Nice to "meet" you!

Amy

3. Jaime G says:

@Kristen, thanks so much for stopping by. Wow, a real celebrity! ;o) Thanks for hosting Fight Back Friday.

@Amy, it's nice to "meet" you, too! It's nice to make new friends online, eh? BTW, checked out your blog. Love it! Let's keep in touch.

Jaime G

4. Emily says:

This looks delicious! I love to see new twists on whole wheat bread.

5. Jaime @ Like a Bubbling Brook says:

Thanks Emily! They are especially yummy with the chocolate chips thrown in ;o)

6. Nicki says:

Wow those look great! I will have to try them!

7. Amanda says:

Jaime, do you use soft white wheat or regular hard white/red wheat in these? :) We had your power muffins last week and loved them – want to try these this week. Thanks!

• Jaime says:

Amanda, I’ve used the hard white and the hard red – I prefer the hard white :) So glad you loved the power muffins!

8. Amanda says:

Thanks Jaimie! We are eating them right now :) I did use the soft white wheat (whole wheat pastry flour) and it turned out very light. I was rather heavy handed with the Choco chips lol! My boys don’t mind and this one is going into our regular routine. Thank you!

• Jaime says:

I imagine with the soft wheat they were a bit crumbly. You’ll like the hard wheat better for these muffins, just grind the wheat fine. Glad the boys liked them! They are probably my personal favorite :)

9. Sounds good–I’ll be trying this one. Love recipes that use maple syrup!